Church History

The original Winfield Methodist Episcopal Church stood on Main Street in the old part of Winfield. During the Civil War, Union Soldiers burned the building for firewood. With restitution made by the Federal government, a new building was constructed near the original site. This building served as the church’s worship site from 1902 through 1994, when the congregation built its present facility on Radwin Drive.